Saturday, October 24, 2009

Journey to Nowhere?

you ever think about the life path you’re on?  It feels right, but still you wonder if it’s going in the direction it was meant to or that maybe you did something in the past that altered it just a teensy bit?

I know I’m traveling with the right people  but I wonder sometimes if maybe it’s just a degree or two off course, I’m going in the right direction, just taking a slightly longer route than initially planned? 

And I think that is so frustrating.  I feel like I should be somewhere by now, ya know?  I should be arriving  SOME where, or at least I should see the exit signs on my highway telling me that I’m at least close?

But most days I just keep my wheels turning, looking for a sign, an exit, or even a rest stop, something to tell me I’m almost there. 

Frustrating  when you feel like all you do is travel and never seem to reach anywhere. 

There needs to be an end before THE End?  Don’t you think?  I mean, we work all our lives to get to SOME where……..but we don't  spend all that time trying to get to the final END…do we?  Is that all there is?

I need a layover.   I need a place to land.  A place to stop.  A place to reflect before moving on to the next leg of the journey…….

And then, at the same time, I feel like there’s so much I haven’t done, should have done, could have done, and yet, will never do. 

I read obituaries.  I like to see what people do in their lifetimes.  Some travel such amazing journeys, experience such amazing things.  Have amazing jobs, go places, see things.

I look at my life and I have nothing to amaze anyone with.  Not even myself.  I have done nothing.  Seen nothing. Experienced nothing.  I will have the most boring obituary ever.

I don’t regret where I am today.  Don’t get me wrong.  Honestly. 

However, I wish I had done more before I got here.  Many things I wish I had pursued and didn’t, dreams I should have chased, gut feelings I should have listened to, inspirations I should have thought harder about.

There is nothing more irking than to regret not what you HAVE done, but what you have NOT done.

(not an original quote, somebody cool said it before me, of course)

No comments: