Friday, September 04, 2009

Home Is Where The Heart Is…

Easy statement.  Harder question……

Where  IS home…….Really?

I ‘go’  home.   Then I ‘come’ home.

Then I miss ‘home’ while I’m ‘home’.

Is “Home” where you come from?

Or where you go back to?

I  will never forget where I came from.   What a wonderful life I lived, back then.  I so miss that.

Traditions.  Holidays. People.

But, we can’t go back. 

We can try to bring the past with us.   Pass it on.

But life isn’t as simple as it was back then.

So many digital and cyber interruptions.

A written letter is a thing of the past.

A birthday or anniversary card is a memory.

 

Home is where the heart is……..

I’m not sure where that it sometimes.

Anymore.

Sometimes I want to go home.

Then, when I think I’m there, I want to go home.

Sometimes I want Home to come to me?

 

And if it did, would I recognize it?

No comments: