Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Want To Know What Love Is

I love that song.  Foreigner.  1984.  I was 18.  Ah, what a wonderful time that was.   I was engaged and planning a wedding.  

Guess I didn’t know what love was cuz 3 years later I was divorced.  *shrugs shoulders*   If I only knew then what I know now, huh?

There’s this website for kids call Meez.  snapmeez It’s a social interactive site, kinda like a teen version of Club Penquin.  club_penguin_penguins There’s fashion contests, rooms to decorate, friends to befriend and unfriend.   Music to hear, games to play and love to be found.

Today there are these 2 neighbor boys here playing with my son on their Meez sites.  My son is 9 and girls ain’t what he’s all about.   My son’s user name is Slayer.    Viscious one, he is.  ha ha

This other boy.  His username is LadiesMan333.  He’s 10.  

As I sit here and listen to their conversation I shake my head and think of all the heartbreak that lies ahead for Mr. LadiesMan333.

“Hey guys, I got a girlfriend”   Um?  Just like that?

“Yeah, I asked her and she said YES”

And his younger brother goes  “Are you sure?  Did you ask her if she loves you?”

“Yeah and she said she does”

“She said to meet her at the beach”

I guess there’s a beach in this socialville.

But she wasn’t there.

Logan said   “She’s offline, dude, she left you”

“No uh huh.  She must have meant the real beach, like Daytona or something”

I almost spit out my beer on that one !  LOL

If only love was that easy.  You find someone.  You ask them if they love you --after 30 seconds of chasing them around a cyberroom decorated in kungfu swords and a drumset.  

And after all these years of time and money I spent on dinner, drinks, flowers, cards and meaningless sex.  Just to get him to keep calling me the following week. 

Apparently breaking up with someone in Meez is a hell uva lot easier than real life too.  You just ‘ban them from your room’.   

Shit.   I ain’t never banned anyone from MY room.  Ever.  It cost me too much to get them in there in the first place.

Besides, I made sure they didn’t want to leave. 

Tee Hee

No comments: