Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Heart and Brain Surgeries. Nova or Braces ?

I have the worst luck with vacuum cleaners.   If I had a dollar for each one I have bought over the years I could have had a Dyson.    I had one of those WindTunnel versions once.   I think I spent more time cleaning the damn filter than cleaning my house.   There ain’t nothing better than an old fashioned bag vacuum.  

But alas, that one has taken a crap on me, as well.  I feed it everything and it seems to digest well.   This seems to be  an issue with his heart.  He seems to want to eat, but his heart just works so hard it starts to smell like burnt rubber.   I attempted to perform dissection but I dared not enter into heart surgery.  I am hoping he will be released from ICU tomorrow.    The dustbunnies are starting to gather forces and I fear a hostile takeover is in the works !!

My computer at work also seems to have caught a bug.   This, I believe, is brain related.   I think it’s in a coma as I have tried repeatedly to awaken it,  it’s face just stares at me blankly with the words “Windows has failed to start due to a missing or corrupt file”.   

I am admitting him to the ER this morning in hopes of either resurrecting him or doing brain replacement surgery.   Luckily I have taken the precautionary steps to back up his gray matter and will have him back to his old self in no time!

I know this stuff comes in 3’s.    I am cautiously watching for the next shoe to drop.   Whatever it is, please let it be cheap.

Kids started school yesterday.    I dropped them off at their respective locations, looking forward to enjoying the peace and quiet.   But I  was aghast to discover that the little rascals found their way home again that same afternoon !!   I’m taking them directly back again this morning and hoping for better results today !

We have medical insurance.   In order to keep our premiums low we have a very high deductible.  Ahem, $10,000.   We don’t get sick so why pay a higher premium if we’re not using the service?  I know, this is a bit of a catch22.  Works great as long as no one NEEDS to use it, sucks if one of us breaks an arm or leg.   And all our well care visits are 100% free.

Well, I am investigating the Novasure procedure and as our deductible stands I will be paying out of pocket for the whole thing.  Today I will be making phone calls to get prices on what I can expect to pay for this luxury.   I am told that being I have a high deductible and will be a self-pay patient, that I have ‘bargaining power’ and the surgical centers are willing to negotiate.

As I am not having any more children I don’t see the need to experience that life-interrupting event for the another 15 years.   Therefore, I deem it feasible to fork out a few grand to relieve myself of that hindrance.   Because, damn it, I deserve it.

Daughter  needs braces.  Hubby thinks now MY elective should be put on back burner so that Alexx can get her braces.   Um, I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t think that, once again, my needs, wants and desires have to be pushed to the end of the line,  AGAIN.  Damn it, can I just ONCE have something I want, just cuz I think I DESERVE it?????  It’s MY money.   We can make payments on the dern braces.   Just like everybody else does !!!  

So, in order to win this one I have to gather all my research and make calls all over town to find an orthodontist with reasonable fees to satisfy his damn tightwad ass.

No, dental is not included in the insurance plan.

~~Vickilicious………….Good Day !

 

No comments: