Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Small Towns=Big Friends.

I’m guessing that most of ya have never bumped into anyone from North Dakota.  It’s kind of an ‘out of the way’ place.   I understand.  No big deal. 

Living in the upper Mid-West is hard.  It’s relentless.  It’s punishing.  It’s unforgiving.  It’s taxing and demanding.

 

But it’s also loving.  It’s trusting.  It’s loyal.  It’s forgiving.   And.  It’s family.  

It’s all I knew, all my life.  And, like any teenager, dreamed of bigger, brighter and better.   Couldn’t wait to get out.    Bigger cities, brighter lights, better pay, better jobs, better life………… but…………

There is nothing like pancake and sausage feeds, county fairs, fishing off a dock catching absolutley nothing, cold beers, close friends, weekends, mosquitoes, fireworks over the lake, parades, s’mores over a campfire and family and friends…..

And you will NEVER find better people.   Anywhere. 

Every year, every summer, I am reminded of this.  

 

And every year my eyes are opened.  Every year I get “grounded”.

  

Every year I come back to Florida with new vision.  Refreshed.   Revitalized.   Renewed.

Ya don’t know what ya got till it’s gone……

I just wanna say……….YOU  GUYS ROCK !!

You are THE best family and friends I could ever have.  Period

Thanks for sticking with me.  Hanging in there.  Hanging out. 

You have NO idea what it means to me.

I love you guys.

 

 

Vicki

 

No comments: